Focus on Elementary Chemistry (Pre-Level 1) (Grades K-4)
An introduction to the wonderful world of Chemistry (energy and movements)
Course Start Date: 10 Sep 2012
Learn Chemistry though live class presentations - Internet with the teacher through video/ audio & text chat, e-whiteboards and document sharing!
The “live” class presentations will focus on the Elementary Chemistry experiments that are in the Focus On Elementary Chemistry lab notebook. Students will be guided through one experiment each week. At the end of each experiment session there will be time for students and parents to ask questions. All sessions will be recorded and available to view.
Focus on Elementary Chemistry Lecture Schedule:
- 0. January 21 : Introduction
- 1. January 24 : Atoms
- 2. February 4 : Molecules
- 3. February 11 : Molecules meet
- 4. February 18: Acids and Bases
- 5. February 25 : Acids and Bases React
- 6. March 4 : Mixtures
- 7. March 11 : Unmixing
- 8. March 18 : Food and Taste
- 9. March 25 : Molecular Chains
- 10. April 1 : Molecules in your body
All classes for the next group for Focus on Elementary Chemistry will be held at 11 AM MST.
Focus On Elementary Chemistry lectures for each week will include:
A recorded lecture about the chapter material that can be viewed at any time. These lectures will be approximately 10-15 minutes in length. During the "live" lecture there will be discussion about the lab experiment for the week and how science is done, and how the discoveries can be used today. These lectures will be approximately 30-40 minutes in length.
The course package:
- 9 live interactive online classes
- Practical demonstration of concepts of elementary chemistry
- Instructor: Mrs. Karen Wood
- Note : All participants must have a book bundle. A Book Bundle includes the following three books: a Student
Textbook, a Student Lab notebook, and a Teacher's Manual and can be purchased at the link : Focus on Elementary Chemistry Book Bundle
Language of instruction: English